Newsletter_heading

PLEASE NOTE  OUR NEWSLETTERS HAVE MAINLY BEEN REPLACED BY MAIL CHIP EMAILS.  If you are not receiving them please let the secretary know.  

We also publish a 'Committee News' update shortly after each Management Team meeting. This is to help keep members up to date with matters from the committee meetings and offer the opportunity to comment on these matters, thus feeding back responses to help guide the committee. 

Committee News Items are published below, with the latest edition at the top of the list. Scroll down for previous notes.

If you have any ideas, suggestions or even just queries please email them to the committee at CODSsuggestions@outlook.com and the appropriate person will contact you.

 

Committee News:
Meeting Tuesday 30th April 2019

1. Firstly a big welcome to Jack Grinney who has joined the committee.

3. After discussions on CODS' current financial situation and the security of CODS financial future, the committee has voted to change the way we secure our Directors, which also brings us in line with many other societies. We as a committee have made the decision that we will not pay Directors for the next 3 years productions, but will continue to pay Musical Directors and Choreographers.

4. Again with regard to our financial situation, we are looking to form a Social & Fundraising Sub-Committee. We are looking for volunteers, so if you are interested, please get in touch with a committee member.

5. The Men Who Marched Away is now in full rehearsal mode with a full cast including many children. We desperately need a Production Co-ordinator and someone to sort out the set and props, as well as Chaperones each night. The production is in The Parish Church from June 18th – 21st. Please do submit any interest or questions to me for this role.

6. A Production Co-ordinator is also required for our other upcoming shows: the October Production “Rumours”, the Panto in December and “Sister Act” next April. Please come forward if you are interested.

7. A number of our committee and organisers have been in their roles for a long time and we wish to look to the future and succession planning. If we are to carry on maintaining our high standards, we must fill these roles. We cannot be just performers; every member needs to step up to these tasks. You will shortly find job descriptions on our website, training and support will be available, and you will be able to work alongside existing committee members.

8. OH, YES IT IS! This year is Panto year and Andy will be working on a new and exciting script, with his own take on the traditional! Watch This Space.

9. Wednesday 26th June - CODS Annual General Meeting (AGM).  Nomination for committee members and officers must be submitted to Yvonne 14 days before the AGM. It will also be your chance to hear an update on our current situation and plans, plus you can ask questions of the committee, but as per the nominations, please ensure questions are submitted to Yvonne prior to the meeting.

Finally I would like to give my thanks to Steph Morgan for producing the minutes (shortly available online) and attached forms, and Cathy Lamb for taking notes at the Committee meeting, so that I can get this out to you.

And if you want to talk to me about anything at all, my email address is paul.walker49@tiscali.co.uk or phone me on 01363 84642. At the end of the day, we are here to try and provide you the members with the society you want, so any feedback is vital to us to carry out that function. Please do not be hesitant in making your views known.

Paul Walker
Chairman

JANUARY 2019: Committee News & Notice of General Meeting

General Meeting:
Monday 28th January @ 7.30pm (Town Hall)

The first half of the meeting will concern the selection of the 2020 Easter Musical. Ben Edgecombe will present all three suggested shows: 'The Producers', 'Sister Act' and 'The Addams Family'. An explanation of the voting process is attached along with a voting slip: please click on the links below to access these. This form will be provided at the meeting, so please only complete and return the attached if you are not able to attend the General Meeting.
Voting Procedure (Word doc)  /  Voting Procedure (pdf)
Voting Slip (Word doc)  /  Voting Slip (pdf)

The second half of the meeting is for you to raise any matters you wish, as with the meeting last year. Any items you wish to discuss need to be submitted by Monday 21st, either to myself or Yvonne.

Committee News:
Please note the following from the last committee meeting on 8th January.

1. Carousel.
The get out will be on Easter Sunday, so we are asking as many members who are not directly involved with the show to assist with the get out. If you are able to help out, please let Anton know.
2. Panto.
We are hoping to do another pantomime this year. If you wish to be involved or fancy having a go at writing or directing the Panto, then please get in touch with myself or any member of the committee.
3. Recognition.
As you will be aware, I have been keen to acknowledge the work done by members and non members who do not appear on stage. To that end, we would welcome any suggestions you may have of individuals who should be honoured by the society.
4. Application Form for Members and Friends
We have decided to produce a new membership form and want all existing Members and Friends, as well as new Members, to complete it. A copy of the form is accessed by clicking on the link below.
Membership Form (Word doc)  /  Membership Form (pdf)
We are also intending to issue a membership card which will entitle all full Members and Friends to discounted bar prices and first chance to purchase tickets of all productions. The new forms will also help us with identifying which areas of the society you are most interested in, so please complete and return to Yvonne or Steph.
5. The Men Who Marched Away.
This production is going to be produced during the Crediton Festival in June. Anyone who wishes to be involved will be a part of the production and a reading will take place on Tuesday 8th February, including playing all the songs. As this is a Festival production, we are also looking for people to be involved from outside our existing membership (young and old). So if you have friends who you think may be interested, bring them along. If they decide to get involved we will charge a £10 Introductory Membership; if they then decide they wish to join CODS as full members that fee will be deducted from the full Membership fee.
6. Bursaries.
CODS Members can apply to the committee for a bursary to cover costs of any training that would benefit both CODS and yourself. The application should be made in writing and please do discuss any idea with myself or another committee member. If there are specific workshops you think we should provide, please let us know.

7. NODA Nominations

We are delighted to announce that we have received two nominations for Witchfinder at the NODA awards: 'NODA SW Councillors Cup' and 'Wilfred Roe Trophy For Company Singing', plus a nomination for the Pick & Mix concert in 'NODA SW Award For A Concert Or Compilation Show'. If anyone would like to attend the awards dinner, then please speak to Mike or Yvonne.
Finally I would like to give my thanks to Steph Morgan for producing the minutes and attached forms, and Cathy Lamb for taking notes at the Committee meeting so that I can get this out to you.

And if you want to talk to me about anything at all, my email address is paul.walker49@tiscali.co.uk or phone me on 01363 84642. At the end of the day, we are here to try and provide you the members with the society you want, so any feedback is vital for us to carry out that function. Please do not be hesitant in making your views known.
Paul Walker : Chairman

DECEMBER 2018: Chairmans Christmas Message & Committee News

Merry Xmas TO ALL MEMBERS and FRIENDS

 Dear All,

I would like to take this opportunity to wish you a a Very Merry Xmas and reflect on the achievements of the society during 2018 as well as looking forward to 2019. The year started with Witchfinder, Directed by Emily Morgan. This was a brilliant show which was enjoyed not only by all those who watched it but also by those who were involved in the production. In particular I would like to add the following from Ian Crabtree who wrote the music.

“Thank you all for putting on a great show! I watched the DVD and loved it. You all put on a fantastic show and I'm really sorry I missed ìt. So I wish your society all the very best for the future and maybe, once I have finished my next musical, you would do me the honour of performing it. So good luck and best wishes! Thanks Ian.”

August saw us again visiting London to see the musical Bat Out Of Hell, which was arranged by Mike Palmer many of those who went were going for a second time, which shows you how good the show was. This was the first time I had seen it and I thought it was brilliant, we were all treated as special guests and given a backstage tour. Wholehearted thanks must go To our host Julian Stoneman

This was followed in September by our Choral Production Bits & Pieces, this was again sold out and contained wonderful performances by all who took part under the able Direction of Mike Canning.

October featured the play A Bunch of Amatures, which was Directed by Mike Canning. This was a comedy written by Ian Hislop and I believe was thoroughly enjoyed by all those who came to see it.

In December we took our Christmas concert on Tour, going to the villages of Newton St Cyres and Morchard Bishop. We were also the guests of The Town Band performing at their concert at the Congregational Church.

 

None of the above could not have happened without the support of a hard working Committee and also a number of hard working members and friends who have no ambition to appear on stage but are allways there helping in whatever capacity they can. A lot of work goes into not only putting on events, but also ensuring that everything we do runs as smoothly as possible. All the events we put on could not take place without, not only people who wish to perform in front of an audience, but also a group of unsung heroes who build sets, take down sets, assist back stage, organise and take part in Front Of House, lighting and sound engineers, Publicty workers, programme writers, Poster Creators, costumiers and even caterers at the Choral. All this work is done by members who seek no reward other than the satisfaction of being a part of a successful production.

Those of us who appear on stage thrive on Audience reaction, but for those others who make it all possible, set designers, builders, sound and lighting crews, Wardrobe, back stage and Front of House helpers etc, often get little appreciation and yet without them nothing could happen. I certainly appreciate the work they do and I would ask everyone to make sure that they acknowledge wherever possible the work these people do and how much it is appreciated.

 

And so to 2019.

The year will start with the Musical “Carousel” Carousel is the second musical by the team of Richard Rodgers (music) and Oscar Hammerstein II. The 1945 work was adapted from Ferenc Molnár's 1909 play Liliom, transplanting its Budapest setting to the Maine coastline. The story revolves around carousel barker Billy Bigelow, whose romance with millworker Julie Jordan comes at the price of both their jobs. He participates in a robbery to provide for Julie and their unborn child; after it goes tragically wrong, he is given a chance to make things right. A secondary plot line deals with millworker Carrie Pipperidge and her romance with ambitious fisherman Enoch Snow. The show includes the well-known songs "If I Loved You", "June Is Bustin' Out All Over" and "You'll Never Walk Alone". Richard Rodgers later wrote that Carousel was his favorite of all his musicals.

This production is being Directed by Ben Edgecombe and if you want to help with this please get in touch.

At the end of June we will be performing “The Men Who Marched Away as part of the Crediton Festival. Rehearsals will start in February and anyone who wishes to take part will be accommodated. We are also hoping to recruit people from the community as well to make it a fully embracing tribute to the contribution made f the residents of Crediton and the surrounding villages and hamlets.

“September will see the Choral production under the Musical direction of Mike Canning. A theme has not yet been chosen, but expect more wonderful Chorus numbers.

December will see the return of Pantomime, although this has yet to be chosen you can expect an evening of wonderful entertainment for the children before Christmas 2019

Other Matters

General Meeting Jan 28th   As promised last year we are giving you the opportunity to raise issues with the committee regarding anything you would like the society to do. The only difference this year will be that Ben will present the three musicals selected as possible productions for 2020. The voting system will be based on the premise of a commitment to take part, but more of that will follow later.

 

Workshops & Courses   Over the last two years we have received grants from the Town Council towards setting up workshops. Noda and other bodies also provide courses and workshops, and if any members wish to participate, funds may be available to help towards the costs. Also if there is a workshop you would like us to organise, please get in touch.

 

Chaperones.  We desperately need volunteers to become chaperones. There are one day courses available and we will pay all the costs involved. So if you believe you can help with this, please get in touch.

Mentors   When a new member or potential new member joins CODS we want to make them feel welcome, so we are asking existing members to take them under their wing and look after them during the first few weeks. So if again you would like to help with this you know what to do.

If any of you wish to know more about any of the above or wish to be involved in any capacity, please do not hesitate to contact me.

 

On behalf of CODS, Wishing all our Friends, Sponsors, members and supporters a very peaceful and Happy Christmas and New Year

Look forward to seeing you all at our future productions, starting with Carousel in April.

 Paul Walker

 

COMMITTEE NEWS 17th July 2018

Please see below notes from  management team meeting on 17th July 2018.

Charity Concert for Crediton ELF
CODS has been asked to perform a concert for ELF on Sunday 7th October, and we need to know by Thursday 26th July who can commit to this charity event, so that we can let the organisers know whether we are able to do it. This is shortly after our main concerts, so just a brush-up rehearsal on the morning of the 7th is needed, for an hour long performance in the afternoon (starting at 3:30 p.m) at Hatherleigh. There is a sign up sheet on the board at the town hall for next rehearsal (25th), or you can register your interest to Steph by emailing devonette@hotmail.co.uk.

CODS September Concert

Carol will need help to set up the venue - St Boniface Centre - for our concert in September.  Please respond directly to Carol with offers of help. You can contact her by clicking here or emailing carol.stoyle@googlemail.com. She will need assistance during the day on the Friday, and at some time during the Saturday to re-set the room.

Set Construction

As you know, we will not be able to have Dean as our set construction leader, and we are still in need of practical help for set constructions and pre-production work for Carousel. Please do think of any friends or family who may be able to help us: we cannot create a pop-up theatre without a construction manager and full support team (as well as the support of all cast members). Please contact Anton who is the production coordinator on  antonheal@yahoo.co.uk, with offers of help or useful contacts who may be willing to lend a hand.  But especially, as stated, we are in urgent need of someone with the skills and willingness not only to lead a construction team, but also to get involved in procuring the necessary materials in advance of the get-in, and to co-ordinate deliveries to site if needed.  It’s a big ask, but we need to ask it!

Sub-Committees
We have revisited the list and we will be issuing this shortly. Please do volunteer to help in an area that is of interest to you so we can widen participation in the organisational activities of our group.Nothing that we do happens by magic!

The chair of each committee, listed below, will contact existing members to check whether they still want to contribute, but we will welcome any new members so just have a word with the chair and find out what’s involved:

 

CONCERT MUSIC – MIKE CANNING

CONCERT PRODUCTION – CAROL STOYLE

OCTOBER AND OTHER PRODUCTIONS – CATHY LAMB

SOCIAL AND FUND RAISING – BEN EDGECOMBE

PUBLICITY – GILLIAN MACKENZIE

SOCIAL MEDIA – JOSH SANDERS

SHOW SELECTION – BEN EDGECOMBE

COMMITTEE NEWS JUNE 2018

Please see the following from the last committee meeting on 26th June.

Reminder from previous meeting: Future Production roles

With the October and spring production in mind, we are looking for individuals to take on a number of roles such as Production coordinator, Set Designer, Front Of House Manager or Stage Manager. If you feel you would like to take on or even assist in any of these roles, please contact myself or any member of the committee.

Carousel

Following the questions raised at the AGM and accusations made against some members of the committee, JN was invited to meet with the committee. Following the AGM the committee were made aware of the feelings of some members who were unhappy with the way JN put his arguments across. Following discussions it was felt that the poor relationship between JN and the committee and his perceived grievances did not bode well for a harmonious production. With this in mind a vote was taken as to whether it was in the best interests of the society to continue with the existing Director. The vote was unanimous that we could not continue, and that we should request nominations for both the post of director of Carousel and the October production of A Bunch of Amateurs, these nominations to be received by Sunday July 1st.

October Production

Following the decision to postpone The Men who Marched away, which will now probably take place as part of next year’s Crediton Festival, a play by Ian Hislop “A Bunch of Amateurs” has been chosen for October. This is a very funny Comedy with a cast of 4 Women and 3 Men and is also a feature film. Auditions will take place on Monday 16th July and if anyone wants a copy of the script, please contact me. (Details at end of report). If anyone wants to take part and is unable to make this date we will consider auditioning on an alternative date.

Nikki May Workshop

Nikki May workshop, Physical Theatre, will take place on 22nd July, there are two distinct workshops: the morning will be devoted to Physicality, i.e. using the body as an acting device, what to do with your hands and feet etc. Whether you perform in plays or musicals this will be an invaluable workshop. The afternoon session is devoted to auditioning techniques, so if you want to bring along a backing track or a piece of text Nikki will guide us through the process. Please note we received a grant from the Town Council to provide these workshops and they are hugely discounted so please support them; a buffet lunch is provided and it makes for a pleasant social event, so please let Gill know if you wish to attend, so we can be certain we have enough support. It is a great opportunity to develop your skills with professional advice.

September Concert AuditionsThese will take place on Wednesday July 4th, so if you want a Solo please notify Mike Canning and have your Audition piece prepared.

Finally I would like to give my thanks to Steph Morgan for taking notes at the Committee meeting so that I can get this out to you. And if you want to talk to me about anything at all, my email address is paul.walker49@tiscali.co.uk or phone me on 01363 84642. At the end of the day, we are here to try and provide you, the members, with the society you want, so any feedback is vital to us to carry out that function. Please do not be hesitant in making your views known.

Paul Walker
Chairman

COMMITTEE NEWS May 2018

 Please see the following from the last committee meeting on 21st May

1.    Reminder from previous meeting Future Production roles
With the October and spring production in mind, we are looking for individuals to take on a number of roles such as Production coordinator, Set Designer, Front Of House Manager Stage Manager. If you feel you would like to take on or even assist in any of these roles, please contact myself or any member of the committee

2.               Tesco Bags for Help Scheme
We have been approved by Tesco Bags for help scheme, so please hold on to your blue tokens till we have the CODS bin in store and then make sure you get one to donate as often as possible.

3.             The Men Who Marched Away – Kirton 14-18

This is our October Production and there will be a workshop on Monday 11thJune 7.30 in The Town Hall providing there is sufficient support from the membership, as a minimum the production will require 5 Women 4 Men and 3 Children.

4.             Problem with e mails.
Due to changes to the data protection on emails some of us have not been receiving postings, blame Microsoft, we are working on the issue.

5.             Christmas Meal
Christmas meal 19th December at the Crediton Golf Club, get the date in your diary.

6.             Nikki May Workshop
Nikki May workshop, Physical Theatre, is now postponed till 22nd  July , please let Gill know if you wish to attend, so we can be certain we have enough support. It is a great opportunity to develop your skills with professional advice.

7.             AGM
CODS AGM Monday 18th June 7.30 in The Town Hall, Nominations for officers and committee members to Yvonne ASAP. Don’t forget we need everyone on the company to help and support the running so as we can .continue to put on great performances.

Finally I would like to give my thanks to Cathy Lamb for taking notes at the Committee meeting so that I can get this out to you.

Paul Walker
Chairman

COMMITTEE NEWS 20th April

Apologies for the delay in sending this and I promise to get the next one out much quicker, most of the meeting was spent discussing the musical and matters arising from the previous meeting.

However the following matters are worthy of your attention.

  1. Future Production roles

With the October and spring production in mind, we are looking for individuals to take on a number of roles such as Production coordinator, Set Designer, Front Of House Manager Stage Manager. If you feel you would like to take on or even assist in any of these roles, please contact myself or any member of the committee

  1. Choral Sub-Committee

The next production is our Choral Evenings in September. We are looking for people to join this sub-committee and assist with the organisation of the production as this is one of our major money raisers.

  1. The Men Who Marched Away – Kirton 14-18

This is our October Production and there will be a workshop in the near future and rehearsals will commence in June. This is a Performance which involves both Singers and Actors and anyone who wishes to be involved will be accepted. More details will be available on the web site.

  1. The following are carried over from the previous notes but are still relevant.

 

  1. Sub Committees.

We will be reviewing SUB COMMITTEES shortly ready for a robust structure involving many members; this will be in place after the next AGM. Don’t forget any member is welcome to join a sub committee , just talk to Paul or the leader of the current subcommittee.

  1. CODS Charity

We are starting to think about the charity that CODS will support after the AGM. This coming year I am suggesting we have two charities taking into account our October production commemorating the end of the First World War. For the production we would like suggestions for an appropriate charity. For every other CODS event we are looking for one encompassing Charity. If you have a suggestion for a charity to support please let me or any committee member know prior to the AGM.

  1. Social Events

Emily Killeen and Mike Palmer have both come up with suggestions for a CODS entertainers evening, so we are asking them to liase with each other on this issue and more information will follow, including our Annual BBQ.

Finally I would like to give my thanks to Cathy Lamb for taking notes at the Committee meeting so that I can get this out to you.

Paul Walker

Chairman

COMMITTEE NEWS: Tuesday 20th March 
 1. New Committee Members & Under 40’s group

We welcome Josh Saunders and Georgia Steer to the committee. They, along with Ben Edgecombe and Tasha Currie, will bring an age balance to our management team and ensure the under 40’s views are brought to the table.

We also welcome seeing the outcomes from the CODS under 40's meeting in Weatherspoons at 6-7pm on Monday 26th March. We hope there will be lots of great ideas, plans and volunteers to make them happen. If you wish to go along, talk to Ben; even if you can’t attend, also talk to Ben!

2. Future Workshops

After the good response to last year’s Nickie Mae workshop, we have booked the next one for the 2nd June, which will be focused on acting through “Song and Physicallity” - aimed at using your body and movement on stage, what to do with your hands, etc. If you wish to appear on stage, you will find these workshops will help you to become a better performer - whatever your age or experience.

More information will follow and possibly a further vocal workshop on the 22nd July. These will cost £5.00 for members and £10.00 for non-members. Please register your interest with myself or Gillian McKenzie. The fees for delegates are greatly subsidised by the grant from Crediton Town Council, so make sure you can benefit from the chance to up your skills. More details to follow but we need your commitment to attend.

Don’t forget there are bursaries available from NODA to attend theatre courses and CODS can also consider applications from members to support training. Each year, NODA has a summer school, so please look at their website and if you are interested in attending, please let us know.

3. New Store

Soon you will all have the opportunity to visit the new store and you will be able to appreciate the structural work Dean Morgan and his team have done fitting out the space. You'll understand when you see it, why we have chosen to pay an additional £55 per month for these great facilities. And my thanks to all those who assisted with the move.

4. “Get In Weekend”

A misnomer really, as it always takes longer! Many of you have already committed to Heather Barlow’s work chart but not only do we need every cast member, but also any family and friends you can rope in - even if their only skill is making tea!

5. Show Week - Child Protection Policy

We have a great bunch of kids in the show but we have to adhere to current legislation regarding Child Protection and ensure we do not put CODS or ourselves as individuals in a vulnerable situation . On the CODS website you will find our policy guidance. Please take a moment to read this and talk to Ben or myself for further clarification or any concerns.

6. Sub Committees

We will be reviewing Sub Committees shortly ready for a robust structure involving many members. This will be in place after the next AGM. Don’t forget, any member is welcome to join a sub committee - just talk to me or the leader of the current sub committee.

7. CODS Charity

We are starting to think about the charity that CODS will support after the AGM. This coming year, I am suggesting we have two charities, taking into account our October production commemorating the end of the First World War. For the October production, we would like suggestions for an appropriate charity. In addition, we are looking for one encompassing Charity for every other CODS event. If you have a suggestion for a charity to support, please let me or any committee member know prior to the AGM.

8. Social Events

Emily Killeen and Mike Palmer have both come up with the idea of a CODS entertainers evening, so we are asking them to liaise with each other on this suggestion. More information will follow, including news of our Annual BBQ.

Finally, I would like to give my thanks to Cathy Lamb for taking notes at the Committee meeting so that I could get this out to you.

Best Wishes, and to all those involved in Witchfinder: “Break A Leg”!

Paul Walker    Chairman

COMMITTEE NEWS: 20th FEBRUARY 2108

Following the recent General Meeting we have decided to try to be more communicative with the membership. I felt that the General meeting was very productive and will now become an annual fixture 6 months from the AGM so that members can air their views to the committee members and Vice Versa.

Your Committee held its most recent meeting on Tuesday 20th February and the following is a summary of the main issues discussed.

1. Data Protection

Stephanie Morgan made us aware that as a company we have to comply with new regulations [25th May 2018] and that we need to gain EVERY MEMBER’S and Friends consent to use their personal details. This will entail a new CODS email address being created and written consent to our use of their personal data. Look out for communications about this so we can continue to send messages to you. On your behalf I would like to thank Steph for all the work she put into this, she also produced a proforma which we will be issuing to everyone shortly.

2. Future Workshops

Following the success of last year’s workshops with Nikki Mae, Gillian is looking to follow these up with further workshops and also facilitate members to take part in similar events organised outside of CODS. For example NODA have a summer school which is open for anyone to apply for, (see the NODA website), and Bursaries are available to anyone who has not attended a NODA workshop before. There are workshops for anything associated with the theatre including both performing directing, script writing etc.

3. Younger Members Views

There was an unfortunate air at the General Meeting of “us and them” with regard to younger members. This is not a situation that anyone on the committee wishes to continue, so we want to create a working sub group to be formed from all those members under 40. This is a genuine attempt to get their views heard. To this end Ben and Tasha will be leading this venture.  Personally I would hope we can come up with ideas that cover all ages in the society as well as facilitating productions that younger members may wish to put forward. A proposal was put forward that we should ensure that at least 6 places are kept on the executive for members under 40, which was agreed.

4. New Store

A big thank you to all of you who have helped with this, particularly Dean Morgan, David Salter and Jo Ward who have given up their spare time to create a new store where we can put everything in it’s place and sets can be constructed, costumes stored and displayed for hire purposes etc.

5. Musical Director

Great news – Allan Fouracre has agreed to be our resident M D for our Musicals, he will also be involved with this October’s production of “The Men Who Marched Away Kirton 14-18”, CODS’ tribute to the people of Crediton and surrounding areas who sacrificed so much for us all during World War One. Watch the website for further details of this production and all the songs will be available on the website before the middle of March. Please listen to them and make your interest known to myself and Gillian if you would like to be involved in whatever capacity.

6. Carousel

We are led to believe that there is a feeling that Carousel is an old fashioned musical which will not appeal to younger members. Can I ask you to not pre-judge this show; John Nash has some very exiting ideas and has no intention of the show following the Hollywood format. He has agreed to present these ideas to you all, so look out for a Carousel workshop after Witchfinder has finished.

7. Out and About

Out and About – First Friday in the Courier will have an Arts page; we want to be on it. So look out for Mike Palmers articles which will give more details of our productions going forward.

Finally I would like to say how much of a privilege it is to serve as your Chairman, and to stress that if there is anything at all you wish to discuss; and I mean anything; please feel free to come and talk to me at rehearsals or e-mail, or phone me, I promise not bite, at least not to draw blood! CODS are there for all of us, young and old, short or tall. 2017 has been an excellent year, performance wise, and I would like 2018 to be even better if possible.

Best Wishes
Paul

OLDER NEWSLETTER PDF files .... Just choose and click for our latest Newsletter  ....... Magic!!!

CODS Newsletter December 2016

CODS Newsletter - Mar 2015

CODS News - Dec 2014